Saturday, October 31, 2015

Week 20 El Salvador: Scene 2, A New Perspective

Hello there world!

Yes, tis I once more!

I would like to thank all of you for the words of love and encouragement that I received from Friends and Family alike. And I would like to inform everyone that God is a God of miracles, and this week was amazing.

First off, after writing last week, I actually felt sort of bad, I felt like I had complained and sounded a Little whiney. Thank you all for being an outlet at a time when I needed to be a Little immature. Because after a lot of prayer and soul searching I have learned A LOT this week. I see why the misión changes you so very much. It really is like a spiritual bootcamp. You are given some of the hardest trials in your life, and all of the tools you need to over come them in the exact same day. After that God just askes us to use them to the best of our ability, and he´ll help us sort out the rest. And then the very next thing, or the next day, if you have used those tools, and accepted the help of the Lord, you have your eyes opened to see the Hand of the Lord in everything in the misión. Even if you only witness the Little miracles, arent they still miracles?

This week was a lot better. I wrote President about a couple rules that I had learned differently than we were doing here, and turns out that I was right. So that revelation made my companion a little more upset, but I decided that I was going to let her do her own thing as long as it didnt break the rules. So this is something I did talk to her about. But other than that I have been doing my very best to be the best companion that I can be. 

I made her breakfast a couple of times, and made her bed when she wasnt looking, and left a couple little notes where I knew that she would find them. Through the acts of service and my determination to be patient and love her, things are beginning to progress in our relationship. 

It really started after our Zone Conference last week. She really wasnt interacting with me that much. In fact she sat with a different missionary, so I had to sit with her companion. And then the leader of the Zone had to ask us to switch. That started out pretty weird. But then I gave up, and just payed attention to the lessons and added input. I felt like I talked a lot, but I kept feeling like I needed to keep talking. Later when we were back in our sector (2 hours on the bus later), she started crying and told me that during the meeting she realized why I was here, because she was tired of the sector. That she loved the sector, but that she was out of ideas, out of energy, and here I was full of energy, full of revelation, and so ready to work. That was a huge break through. She said that she could just feel my testimony, and knew I was here to help.

Then later during the week, after the Weekly Planning and during Companionship Inventory, she had a couple things that she felt I needed to change of course, but afterwards I felt really impressed to just say, Thank you, I´ll try harder. And then I spent the next couple minutes, at the prompting of the Spirit, telling her that she is a wonderful missionary, that she has done great things her, and that we are going to work together, and that we are going to see so many miracles. She started crying and I can tell that she really is just tired and a little lost. I wonder if it has to do with our level of maturities as well. Ive lived as an adult for almost 3 years on my own. And the mission is her first time. Although she has more time in the mission than I do, Im older and have a little more experience in the world and working with other people. 

I was able to see that her perspecitve is so different than mine, not only with age and experience, but culturally as well. She is from Brazil and is also learning Spanish. I cant expect my companions to be perfect and to understand me all of the time, that would be unfair and unChristlike. 


We have really made some great strides, and I really know her to be a Daughter of God. 

One experience I would like to share was really amazing and had all of us in tears. 

Hermana Borges has been having me do the Daily Planning because she says shes leaving soon and I need to learn, so I felt impressed to visit an investigator that I have never met. We went the next day and the mother of the investigator answered the door. Her name is Yasna. She had really long hair, REALLY long. And was sort of dressed like a hippie, she was really cute. She saw us and got the biggest smile on her face! Invited us in, and we began to talk. 

She told us that she had been praying to God to show her the way that she should go, to send angels to protect her house. And then she stood up and was about to clean the house, when we knocked on the door. Not even a minute later. 

We taught her about the Restoration and about the Book of Mormon, and she told us that she knew that what we were saying was true because God always answers her prayers. She wants to be baptized and read the Book of Mormon!

I just ran out of time! But things are great! And I love you all!

Hermana Randall

PS: My Ponderize was, Helaman 3:26-27

No comments:

Post a Comment