Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 73 El Fin se Acerca y Hay Poco Tiempo!

Translation of the title for all of you who don't speak Spanish, ¨The end is coming and there isn't much time.¨

This is the song that everyone is choosing in EVERY single meeting and I get looked at funny by everyone. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that I'm going to be seeing all of you soon. But the idea of coming home also fills me with a weird feeling of anxiety and I need to breath harder. So I only allow myself to think of home when I am writing emails. It`s easier that way. 

This week was SUPER dramatic. The sisters that we live with were breaking a rule that no one knew about, so we asked President if it was a rule, he said it was, so we had to be the heavy and tell the sisters about it. (They were going to a gym in the mornings, nothing serious, a good idea in other situations, just as missionaries we cant do it.) And they got really really, but I mean REALLY mad. Stormed out of the house, etc. We felt awful because it was never our intention to make them feel bad. And they lost the money that they had paid to sign up ($23,000CLP). So the house filled with a super awkward, weird, angry energy, it was so bad I literally lost my appetite and wanted to throw up. We had a couple long talks with President,and finally settled everything. It is still a little like walking on eggshells in the house, but a week later we are doing a ton better and the spirit is in the house again. So we are all really happy about that. And all trying to keep the peace.

We had a baptism planned for this Saturday, but the young woman is facing a lot of opposition from her family, so she wanted to postpone the date until her family understands a little more. We felt like it is the right thing to do, so we are still preparing her and a couple other people to be baptized. There are many miracles here in Vallenar, we just need to get out there with our butterfly nets and catch em! (Gotta catch em all! Just call me Hna Ketchem!) 

Yeah, sorry about that.

Anyways, it was a good week other than the extreme drama at the beginning. We are still all working on getting along. It was just too much to ask for a peaceful last 6 weeks. There is still much that God wants me to do. So here I go!

Les amo muchisimo, and I hope that you have a great week. I just want to share my testimony that I know that God knows you personally. Your blessings and your trials. He is going to send you blessings in your trials and trials to accompany your blessings, because these are what is going to help you grow. 

I want you all to go and watch this video: 


And then ask yourself, Who is Jesus Christ for ME. For YOU personally. WHO is your Savior? I love you! And he does too.

Have a fabulous week!

Hermana Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment