Friday, November 6, 2015

Week 22 Halloween!

Hello there ravid readers, friends, family, and curious onlookers.

This week was pretty great not gonna lie. Difficult, but great. I was able to talk to one of the Sister Training Leaders, and President a little, and things are starting to work out. I still feel like Im in an episode of MASH were a jeep gets stuck in a mine feild or something and Radar keeps dropping the map so every so often we hit a mine and blow a little piece of emotion off every so often, but then Im okay again. Weird metaphor I know. But it works.

But a good week! We had intercambios and I spent a  day with the Hermana Training Leader, a Gringa from Colorado who is super nice. And that really allowed me to unwind and let go of some pent up stuff. 

We also found out that everyone in the whole mission is taking a road trip 12 hours for me in a bus, to Antofagasta, because Elder Cook from the Quorum of the 12 Apostles is coming to speak to us! Usually we cant get the whole mission together because of how big we are, but for this very special occasion, yes we are! Whohoo!  That is going to be the 21st of November and we are all very excited. And we have interviews with President and Transfers next week! Thanks are all coming to a head here. 
We also had a lesson with an investigator who is amazing, her name is Maria Alfaro. And we were a little late because we were with another investogator, and when we knocked on the door, she opened it right away and said, I thought that you werent coming! Not only did she acutally remeber the appointment, but she had made us herbal tea, pie, and sandwiches. It was not only a great spread, but a great lesson. We read 2 Nephi 31 with her and talked about the principle of baptism. And then asked the million dollar question, would she be baptised. And she said yes! She is excited to be a part of the church, we still have a lot of lessons to teach, but she is really happy to be a part of something. 

She even came to the big Halloween party that we had the next day. And brought a friend and her daughter. The work here in El Salvador is progressing, slowly, but surely. Maybe after these long years El Salvador will see a baptism!

We also found out that a member here has had her records of her baptism lost. So she has to be rebaptized and reconfirmed.  So we are figuring out all of the logistics here and now. Complicated, but fun. 

Our Halloweeen party was a success (due largley to the ffact that thanks to years of Primary and grade school I know how to make cute Halloween decorations with minimal time and effort.) We had two large families of Less Actives come to the party, and the next day they came to church! We also met a nonmember daughter of the Less Active, and she came to church the next day with them and everything! (Which was cool because our Relief Society president was a noshow, so I taught Relief Society). 

Anyways, things are not perfect here. I strive everyday to make things better with myself, my God, and my companion. And every day is another challenge. But another oppottunity for a blessing. 

Thank you all for your patience with my stories and sometimes my complaints. I love you all very much. 

My Ponderize Scripture for the week was 1st Corinthians 10:13, it talks a lot about how God will give you the strength to overcome temptations, but I changed it a little for the week. God will also give you strength to over come situations you cant control. 

¨There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God IS faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that which ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear IT.¨

I know that if we in our hearts want to do what is right and we work as hard as we can. Then will the Lord step in and help us to do what is left over. I know this, because every day when I drop to my knees, I ask him to take what I did that day, and help to make something of it. More than I could make by myself. 

I love you all very much. Thank you for your words of love and support during this time of testing for me. I have recived a mountain of emails from friends and family alike, and I appriciate and read every one of them. I love you all.

Have a wonderful week!

Hermana Randall

PS: For the people who asked I disclosed everything to President and things are going to be okay, and the mission isnt going to blame me for the loss of funds. But thanks for the concern :)

No comments:

Post a Comment