Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Week 35 8 Months.....

That´s right. The title is correct. I now have 8 months in the mission. How scary is that?

Time was something that I was really worried about when I first left for the mission, but that is not the problem. The problem is not having too much time. But not enough! 

This week I killed off my companion. Hermana Handley officially is just Eliza again. I had a really hard time letting her go. She´s off on another great adventure though. And I will be companions with Hermana D´Angelo. She is from Argentina and has the same amount of time in the mission as me. We left the MTC together. So I guess that I have 4 weeks more than she does. But that doesnt really matter. Im excited to get to know her better. As I type she is sittin gon a bus and heading my direction. She is coming from Arica, just like I did. 18 hours in a bus is a great way to start the transfer!

Also this Sunday, our recent convert Mauricio blessed the sacrament during sacrament meeting. It was such a beautiful experience to watch him set everything up and break the bread. And then with obvious faith and humility, bless the bread and water. I will forever be eternally grateful to have been a part of his story. 

Our water was also turned back on Monday night. So we werent without water for too long. But now another pipe has burst on the OTHER side of the yard. And that means it isnt clean water.... The sewer is spilling.... We are having tons of interesting smells at all times of the day. We are working on getting it fixed though. Here´s hoping its soon. 

There isnt much more to say. Things are progressing day to day, and the work is really moving forward here in El Salvador. I feel so blessed to have been a part of the progress here. 

Next week I will write and tell all about my new companion! Love you all and I hope this email finds you well. Let me know if I can ever do anything for you all.

Dios les bendiga,

Hna Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment