Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Week 36 New Transfer, New Companion, New Adventures.

Hello World!
I hope that you all had a very Happy Valentine´s Day! Which is something that is celebrated here in Chile, but a super watered down version. SUPER WATERED DOWN. Which made it easier for the missionaries, but still is super fumé. (Lame, boring, not cool.) We have so many holidays in the States, never realized that. But we really do. Here each of the saints have a day though, and people get out of school sometimes, so that is an interesting cultural difference as well.

This week has been a pretty good week. I was able to collect my new companion Monday night around midnight, and then we left for our apartment on another two hour bus ride at 2:00 the next day. It was supposed to leave at 12:00 but that so did not happen. I got burned pretty bad waiting for the bus for two hours in the sun. It was horrible. There was no shade, and no where to sit. It was about 89 degrees outside with about 80 percent humidity.

NEVER WILL I LIVE IN A PLACE WITH HUMIDITY. 

Anyways. Hna D´Angelo is super great. She is from Argentina, just like my trainer! She is 22 years old and has a month less than me in the mission because she was only in the CCM for 2 weeks instead of 6. She is funny and loves to talk, especially about all the crap Elders pull. Thats sort of fun to listen to. She is determined to make this Transfer super great because in her own words (translated) ¨I have been a super lazy missionary, I know that. My trainer never did anything, and I didnt understand what it was to be a missionary. Then when I was with someone else that did everything the way that they were supposed to, I rebelled because I thought it was all too hard and too strict. But now I understand why and I want to be better.¨
Turns out President Dalton had a very strict interview with her about a month ago and told her to straighten up and fly right, and to not waste her mission. And now she says that she has finally caught the message. So we are working really hard. I feel a little like I am training though. She has the same time in the field as me, but less experience, and I´m helping to teach her how to be a missionary again. So as long as things keep going the way that they are going. I dont forsee any problems. I like her. And she likes me. :) And we both are here to work. 

The work is progressing rapidly here in El Salvador. We are finding new people and teaching lessons. Our shining stars for the moment are Javiera and Daniela. They are sisters, and both have children. Javiera is 16 years old and as a 12 month old. And Daniel is 22 with a 3 year old. They have had a lot of problems in thier life, and the thing that is really getting them the most is that they can be an eternal family, and that God loves them. We invited Javiera to say one prayer and Daniela to say another. Both broke down and began crying during thier prayers. They asked if they were crazy, and we were able to bear testimony of the Holy Ghost, how he helps us to feel when things are true. They both know that these things are true. Now we are just here to help them understand what to do with that feeling. They are both super cute, and progressing very well. We love them very much and I am so glad to have met them. 
In other news, we will be having another conference with an Apostle next week. Elder David A. Bednar is coming to our section of South America, and they are doing a special broadcast for all of the missionaries in our Area. We are all very excited to hear more of what we can be doing to help our area of the world progress even further. 

Love you all. I know that the work that I am doing is something precious and unique. I am so grateful to be a part of the Gathering of Israel. The time is approaching that the Savior will come again, and Im here in Chile to help our Brothers and Sisters be prepared for that great day. I love you all, and I invite you all to find one thing this week that you would like to improve on. Write it down, write the things that you are going to do to improve that thing. Stick it somewhere you will see it all the time. Then get down on your knees and take that problem, that weakness to God. He will help make ¨weak things to become strong¨ (Ether 12:27).

Thank you for all of the support and love I feel from all of you. For your prayers and for your emails. I love you very much. All of you. And I know that this gospel is something amazing and true.

Love,

Hermana Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment