Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Week 37 Another Day, We Don´t Use Dollars

Hello Friends. Family, and Avid Readers alike.

We had a great week here in El Salvador. Although there were two days or so that I thought I literally might melt into a puddle in the street. It was very hot this week. Apperantly it will start cooling down around the middle of March. So looking forward to that day. 

We have a little family here that is progressing rather well. We were able to set them up with a baptismal goal and we are going to have a Family Night tonight at our recent convert Mauricio´s house. We also have another investigator with a baptismal date, and she came to church yesterday! We are so excited for the progress that she is making, and we know that with the desire that she has to chnage her life she really can do it. 

The Sacrament meeting yesterday was certainly somthing super weird to experience. Our Branch President is out of town, the 1st counselor doesnt exist because he moved, and the 2nd counselor had to work today.... So the two people who have the Melquisidek (cant spell that word)  Priesthood werent there..... So we couldnt have Sacrament meeting until 9:00PM when the 2nd counselor got off of work. So there we were 9 at night, partaking of the sacrament and listening to talks. It felt like a really special fireside or something. 

Also big news. I have been moderatly successful in playing the piano here since Hermana Handley abandoned me (that´s right Hermana. Lookin at you.). The only problem is that the people here are so used to just making up the tune they dont really listen to the piano. And then I mess up super bad because they arent singing the right notes, and then I just screw everything up and feel like a failure.  BUT, I give a warning to all! IF  YOU USED TO TAKE PIANO AND THEN JUST STOPPED. PLAY AGAIN. THERE IS GOING TO BE SOME RANDOM TIME IN YOU LIFE WHEN SOMEONE IS GOING TO ASK IF ANYONE PLAYS PIANO AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO STEP FORWARD AND SAY YES! HERE I AM! SEND ME!

Rant over.

But little by little I am remembering things and learning to play the piano again. Probably more for my benefit than for the benefit of the branch.....

But that is basically the week here. We have been getting a long really well as companions, we have been finding new pwople to teach through references and members, working with our recent converts (Mauricio is doing REALLY well! They are goin gto the temple this week to do baptisms for the dead! They even have researched and found their own names to take to the temple!)

I love this work. I love my companions. I love my family. I love my friends. If I have learned any thing from the mission, it is the principle of love. I knew of love before the mission, and now I am learning how really TO love. To love as Christ loves. This type of love is a gift from God. I invite you all the read Moroni 7:45-48, and ponder what this type of love really means for you. FOr your mission. For your life. Your family. Friends. Etc... This is my invitation for the week. Study what it truley means to love someone. And what it truly means to know that God is your Heavely Father and that he LOVES you. 

I love you all as well. And I am humbled by the amount of people I know love me. Thank you all for your prayers and your emails. I am constantly amazed by how my mission is not only changing my life, but the lives of everyone I love.

Dios les bendiga,

Hermana Randall

 

No comments:

Post a Comment