Sunday, April 3, 2016

Week 42 Transfers!

Hey Everybody!

So today is transfers..... And I am headed..... TO TOCAPILLA. It is more North and has the ocean. That is literally all that I know about it. My new companion is going to be Hna Challco. She just barely finished her training. So Im going to be the Senior Companion. This is going to be super fun. 

So because today is transfers, I have about 15 minutes to write everyone. I apologize if I cannot email you a personal email today if you sent me one. But know that I read all of them and I love all of you. 

We had a good week in El Salvador. We taught a LOT of lessons and had our Companion Exchanges. I was able to see that in a few areas I had grown complacent with my teaching, and I have implemented some things that have helped me to be a better missionary. It really hit me this week that the different videos that we have as missionaries are all wonderful tools. But that they do not replace teaching the main 3 lessons. They are tools. They are not the lessons. Sometimes it is easier to say to someone, ¨Oh, we have a video, can we watch it?¨  And then count them as a new investigator. But that isnt what our purpose here. We are hear to Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts. It was a great experience to have right before I leave to a new sector with a new companion.

Saying goodbye was a lot easier than I thought that it would be. I took that to be a sign that I am headed right where I need to go. I will miss El Salvador very much. I am truly gratful that I had the opportunity to serve there for as long as I did. I will miss the people, and my investigators. But I know that I have spent my time there. And now I am needed in another place. I have learned all I can from El Salvador. And now Im off to learn even more!

Well Ive got to go! My bus for Tocapilla leaves at 12:15 here, and I still havent had breakfast! I love you all! HAPPY EASTER! 

I just want to leave you all with my testimony that I know that this church is true. That our loving Heavenly Father sent us here, and he also sends us the tools that we need to return to live with him again. I know that we have a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson, who guides the church today through revelation. I know that the proper authority to perform saving ordinances has been restored. And I know that the evidence of all of this is the Book of Mormon. If you have any doubts about these things. I invite you to read the Book of Mormon. Even if it is just a little bit. And then pray to know if these things are true. Im not just sending this invitation to non-members. But to my friends and family who are members. We all need our own testimonies. We cannot live on borrowed light. I love you all. I know that these things are true, and that only through our risen lord and savior, Jesus Christ, we can find Salvation.

Have a great Conference Weekend everyone! LOVE YOU!

Hna Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment