Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 43 TOCOPILLA!

Hey there world! Its good to talk to you again. I feel like the last Pday didnt count because I was on a bus all day. So its nice to relax a little bit here.

First of all, here I am in Tocopilla! It is right here on the ocean and it is gorgeous. It is also dirty and humid, but somehow I can live with that, BECAUSE THERE IS OCEAN!!!!!!

 The  sector that I am in has houses right up on the beach. Not even kidding. My second day  here I felt so free to just walk along and proseltye  on the seashore. Ahhhhh, life is good. I love the ocean. 

We have a rather giant sector, and the downtown with all of the stores and everything is a part of our sector. There are a ton of people, and a bunch of things to look at. I need about 8 more sets of eyes.

The Area Book here, that has all the records of the people that we are teaching, is GIANT. There are a billion people here who are listening to the missionaries. When we plan we literally could  fill  every single space with an investigator.  It is a dramatic change from  being in El Salvador for 6 months. I miss El Salvador a little it is true. But what is more true is that I love Tocopilla!

My companion Hna Challco is a little interesting. She has about 3 months in the mission. She is 22 years old, from Peru, the only member in her family , and she never smiles..... Like seriously. She is a very serious person. She has her moments. But every single photo that I have of her is  of her looking super serious. She is actually a fun person. But we are working on unlocking that.  We get along pretty well   The only thing that really gets me is the smiling thing... I dont understand how someone doesn't smile......  EVER. Well not ever. Just rarely. Haha. We are getting alone just fine. But prayers are always welcome.

I hope that all of you had the chance to watch General Conference this week. I had to watch  it in  Spanish. Although I understood it all (GO ME) I am currently downloading it all so that I can listen to it in English and get even more out of it. I love listening to the prophets seers and revelators that we are blessed to have in our church. I know as they know that this is the true church of Christ and that He is at the head.


Things really are good here in Chile. I am offcially into the double digits with the months that I have in the mission. And I am old. I am working hard every day, and the random cramps and muscle pain are proof of that haha. Hopefully I have more stories to tell next week. I just have no desire to write today for some reason. This keyboard is really crappy and the space bar sticks. But as for one story. We were doing our weekly planning and a Jehovahs witness came a knockin, I got a  picture of him through the peephole,  he proselyted to us for a sec, gave us a pamphlet and we gave  him a card too. Then we politely told him that we believed something different than what he was explaining (some tangent about Jesus being the son of Jehovah.....) And he left. He was certainly one of the nicest Jehovahs witness I have met. Haha.

Well I love you all and I hope that you have  a great week! Dios les bendiga!

Hermana Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment