Thursday, August 25, 2016

Week 61 No Time? Or End of Times?

Hello there everyone! I know the title sounds a bit dark, but in reality nothing super huge happened this week. It was a good week. We taught some lessons and found some people and we did missionary work!

Our little sister, L. who got baptized last week is doing amazing. She is so thrilled to be a member, she has put the names of all the missionaries that she knows up on her wall behind her bed saying that she loves us. She is studying her scriptures and is so happy with having the Holy Ghost. It is something very special to be a part of. 

We are also teaching many people who are also progressing towards baptism. Although many have their own difficulites, one of our investigators has a particularly sad story, that has lightened considerably in the weeks that we have known her. She is reading the Book of Mormon, and has prayed. She says that she knows that the Book of Mormon is true, and she knows that we are sent from God because of how she feels when she is with us, or when she merely sees or hears us. I am so privleged to be a messanger for this gospel. ;)

I had something else that I wanted to write about, but I dont remember what it is. Just know that this is the best thing I have ever done in my life. I had a pretty good idea about what I was going to do, or what I was going to be before the mission. And now I know what I need to do, or what I need to be. Because the Lord has told me, has shaped me, and the refining process continues. 

The time is running out here in my mision. I noticed it more this week because my companion is just starting her mission. Her mission stories until now are all about the MTC. And I realize that it has been a long time since I was in the MTC. Time is something that is running out on all of us though. We dont really ever seem to stop and think about it though. I see so many people running around with their busy lives that they dont have time to stop and think about the meaning of it all. Are we all just like busy ants running around getting things done? Or is there a higher purpose to what we do? I know that there is a higher purpose. And that sometimes to accomplish that purpose, we need to stop. Pause everything, Take a deep breath and get some persepective. Pray. Read the scriptures. Go to church. Go to the temple. I invite all of you to find some time every week. Or better yet once a day to breath. There is always a dead moment in the day. Brushing your hair, putting on  your shoes. Eating food. Whatever. Use that time to talk to your Heavenly Father, to memorize a scripture, etc... Use it for something more than just brushing your hair, or putting on shoes. We are here for more than brushing our hair.

I have a wonderful friend who sent me a poem this week that I would like to share with you: 


No Time to Pray

“I knelt to pray but not for long,I had too much to do.
I had to hurry and get to work for bills would soon be due.

So I knelt and said a hurried prayer; and jumped up off my knees.
My Christian duty was now done my soul could rest at ease.

All day long I had no time to spread a word of cheer.
Not time to speak of Christ to friends, they’d laugh at me I’d fear.

No time, no time, too much to do,
That was my constant cry.
No time to give to souls in need but at last the time, the time to die.

I went before the Lord, I came, I stood with downcast eyes.
For in his hands God held a book; it was the book of life.

Good looked into his book and said, “Your name I cannot find.
I once was going to write it down … But never found the time.”


Read this. Think about it. I love you all!

Have a wonderful week. 
Hermana Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment